Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hello there~

As promised... here's my second summer adventure post!

This summer I biked part of the Kettle Valley railway with my family.  We rode for 15 km, crossed 18 trestles and 2 tunnels!  It was so beautiful and a lot of fun ☺  The part of the trail that we rode on was in the Myra Canyon.  We had a spectacular view for almost the whole time!  We were going to ride for a while longer but there was a rock slide blocking the trail.  The only was to get around was a VERY long, steep and rocky trail.  Bleh.  We decided not to do that and stopped for lunch instead.  The view was again, AMAZING!  Here are some pictures from along the way~




 This is a picture of me on the first trestle ☺


 My sister discovered that she had a way with chipmunks ☺
This one tried to come along for the ride!
 
Here's Buddy (my sister named him)!  He is the one
who tried to hitch a ride ☺

When you feed them they grab your hand
and when you lift it they don't let go! They
just hang there!

Isn't the view amazing?
The first tunnel!
 



 My whole family ☺
 

 I made an Inukshuk out of rocks that I found.  There
were lots because to make the tunnels, they blasted through
the mountain with explosives!
 


 We fed the chipmunks walnuts and they ate right
our of our hands ♥
 
 
 
 
 
I had a lot of fun this summer and I'm sad it's almost over :(    I'd love to hear about the adventures you had this summer!  You can comment below or email me at macmastergirls@yahoo.com~
 
hugs
 
~Maiya~




 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Maiya,
    That looks like so much fun! And so funny that the chipmunks are so tame, you wouldn't expect it! The view is also stunning.
    Also, I hereby tag you to do the 50 things about me tag. Can't wait to read it!
    Have a lovely day,
    xo Flora // thelastpostblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun :) i love being outdoors during Summer!!!!

    I awarded you with the "Elegant blogger award" over at my blog:
    dancing2praisehim.blogspot.com

    Smiles,

    Noelle :)

    ReplyDelete