Sunday, August 10, 2014

DIY Mosaic Cork Board - Back to School

Hello!

Today I have yet another DIY for you :)  I'm very excited to share this one with you guys cause I had lots of fun making it and I think that it's SUPER cute!  Since school is starting up again soon (oh no!!!), I decided to do a cute back to school DIY for decorating your locker; a mosaic cork board!  I'm going to be putting mine in my locker but it could also be hung on your bedroom wall or anywhere else really!

~ ~ ~ ~


Materials:

  1. Cardboard (cut into 4 equal sized squares)
  2. Cork board (cut into 4 equal sized squares)
  3. Fabric
  4. Scissors
  5. Paint
  6. Paint brush
  7. Glue-gun




~ ~ ~ ~ 

Step #1:


Paint 2 of your pieces of cork board layer after layer, letting dry between layers.  Keep painting until you are satisfied with how they look.






Step #2:

Cut out 2 pieces of fabric that are just a bit bigger than your squares of cork board.


Step #3:

Hot glue the cork board squares to the pieces of fabric.



Step #4:

Decide how you want your cork board "tiles" to be arranged.



 Step #5:

Hot glue your cardboard squares to the backside of your "tiles" for added sturdiness.  Then, hot glue your tiles together.






Step #6 (optional):

Hot glue magnets to the backside of your cork board mosaic.



Step #7:

Fill your cork board with inspirational quotes and little things that make you happy!



 I hope you enjoyed this little back to school DIY!  I'd love to see a picture of your creation if you decide to recreate this project :)  I hope you guys are having a great Summer so far!!!

hugs

~Maiya~


8 comments:

  1. That looks awesome!! I want to make one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EZRI! If you try it out, I'd love to see a picture! (macmastergirls@yahoo.com)

      hugs

      ~Maiya~

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I'll have to try and make this. I loved how yours turned out; I love cork boards and things like this. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I do too :) I love chalkboards too and actually just made one by painting a canvas with chalkboard paint! It was super easy and turned out SUPER cute!

      hugs

      ~Maiya~

      Delete
  3. I will definitely have to try this out.

    Nice blog, by the way. (I love the lavender-ness. XD)

    ReplyDelete